Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Process monitoring for a custom service in Cloudera Manager

Process monitoring for a custom service in Cloudera Manager

New Contributor

I'm adding an application using a parcel and csd in Cloudera Manager.  The application has a rest API that a user can call to see the status

of the application.  Is there a way to hook that status in the status shown in the Cloudera Manager UI?  I see there is an option to use a .mdl file but I

don't see a way to hook in REST call into that.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Process monitoring for a custom service in Cloudera Manager

Hi,

There isn't currently a way to expose custom metrics or status through CSDs. We're interested in adding these in a future release.

Thanks,
Darren

New Contributor

Is there any timescale on this? The documentation for monitoring CSDs has been unchanged since March:

https://github.com/cloudera/cm_ext/wiki/Service-Monitoring-Descriptor-Language-Reference

Cheers

New Contributor

I am also looking for roadmap or timescale for this feature.

New Contributor

+1  This is a huge missing feature IMO, especially for anyone providing third-party partner CSDs.  This is one area where Cloudera Manager is actually lagging behind Ambari.

New Contributor

Just wanted to know if there was any status update for this. It has been a planned feature for over 2 years...

New Contributor
+1 When is the specific arrangements given? Cm_ext GitHub project last updated or 3 years ago, God. . .

Rising Star

Desire this feature the same......

Any news? 

Highlighted

Rising Star

In this application, I see they put a monitor chart in the service page. 

https://docs.cask.co/cdap/3.5.3/en/admin-manual/installation/cloudera.html#downloading-and-distribut...

It is likely a third party service, and they can monitor their service in the cloudera manager.