Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Processing Trucking IoT Data with Apache Storm Tutorial needs admin/admin credentials

Explorer

In the above tutorial, it is necessary to have the credential of admin/admin. It is mandatory to change these credentials after you ssh into your environment.

How to proceed ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I have gotten the demo to work.

1. I needed to insure that both kafka and storm were working. Kafka would not start because I did not have enough memory allocated to the VM. So I gave the VM 16G of memory.

2. I had to log in to ambari administrator as maria_dev or raj_ops. There is a link to set the passwd for admin. So I changed the passwd to admin.

3. Works

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Hi @John Cleveland, can you provide the link to the specific tutorial?

Explorer

https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/processing-trucking-iot-data-with-apache-storm/

I could not get the demo to work last night. It just pulled up a map.

I also noticed that some directories did not get created during the initialization of the app. I would really like to get this demo up and running.

Could you see if you can get the demo to work ? I will try it again later today.

Explorer

I am using the sandbox.

Explorer

I have gotten the demo to work.

1. I needed to insure that both kafka and storm were working. Kafka would not start because I did not have enough memory allocated to the VM. So I gave the VM 16G of memory.

2. I had to log in to ambari administrator as maria_dev or raj_ops. There is a link to set the passwd for admin. So I changed the passwd to admin.

3. Works