Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

PutFTP zero file size raises NULL Pointer Exception

Highlighted

PutFTP zero file size raises NULL Pointer Exception

Explorer

Hi All,

I'am using PutFTP to transfer files to FTP server.

When i try to send zero file size file ,PutFTP displays error stating Java NULL pointer exception due to which the flow file does not end in either 'SUCCESS' or 'FAILURE' or 'REJECT', it stays above the PutFTP processor.

In configuration of PutFTP ,'Reject zero size files' is set to false so that processor takes care.

I'am using 0.4.0 version of NIFI , is this known behavior or is this issue taken care in NIFI 1.0 or 1.1 version.

Please share your valuable inputs on this.

Thanks in Advance,

Best Regards,

VM

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: PutFTP zero file size raises NULL Pointer Exception

Master Guru
@Vinay Mahadev

Why do you have "reject zero size files" set to false? What is the value in trying to send a zero byte file to the ftp server? If you set that to true, any zero byte file should be routed to the reject relationship. Where you can decide to terminate it if you o choose or write it out locally to investigate why got even got a zero byte file in your dataflow.

Matt

Highlighted

Explorer

Matt,

Its a requirement to send zero byte file to intended FTP server so that next job is kicked off.

And sending zero byte file is intended .

VM

Highlighted

Master Guru

@Vinay Mahadev

I do not see any existing Apache Jira tickets reporting this issue. Feel free to open a new Jira in Apache where you can provide the details and full stack trace from the error you have encountered.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here