Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Python Impyla package kerberos user conflict

Python Impyla package kerberos user conflict

Explorer

Hi,

I am noticing kerberos user conflict when using Python Impyla package.

I am authenticated with a kerberos user. lets name the kerberos username as 'test'. After running kinit command for 'test' user, I verified the krb ticket cache (klist). 

After this, I executed a python script having impyla package. This script makes a connection to hive and runs a hive insert query. During the insert operation I get following error.

impala.error.HiveServer2Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: RuntimeException Cannot create staging directory '<hdfs-path>': Permission denied: user=hive, access=WRITE, inode="<hdfs-path>":test:test:drwxr-xr-x

The hdfs path/directory is owned by the kerberos user 'test'. In kerberos ticket cache, the default principal is 'test' user principal. But, in the error, it says Permission Denied: user is 'hive'.

Why/How 'hive' user is coming into picture when my default principal is 'test' user principal ? 

Any advice ? 

This is not the case when I ran the same insert query in hive shell. It runs with test user principal and inserts the records into hdfs path without any issue.

Thank you

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here