Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Queries about THE HDPCD:SPARK EXAM

Highlighted

Queries about THE HDPCD:SPARK EXAM

New Contributor

Writing to learn about some of the pointers for THE HDPCD:SPARK EXAM which aren't listed in HDPCD FAQ's Below I have mentioned some queries which I need assistance your on:- 1.) As your website say's, As of now hortonworks doesn't provides practice test for Spark. May I know where I can refer the contents of the exam's number of questions being asked ? The level of the exam ? 2.) My laptop would not be having the required resolution. In that case what if I connect it with any external LCD/LED screen ? 3.) In case of power-outage or internet connectivity Issues. How can I reconnect to the exam ?

@allaboutbdata

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Queries about THE HDPCD:SPARK EXAM

Guru

1) The current Spark exam consists of 7 hands-on tasks and you need to get 4 correct to pass. A task either right or wrong - there is no partial credit. If you need experience with Spark on HDP, I recommend candidates work through the Spark tutorials on the Hortonworks Sandbox.

2) Any resolution should work fine for the Spark exam. It does not have a specific resolution requirement.

3) If you get disconnected at any time, log back in to examslocal.com and attempt to re-launch the exam. The exam proctor will take over from there and assist in getting you back up and running.

New Contributor

Thanks for the response @Rich Raposa

I checked one of your response here

You suggested for Hortonworks Spark tutorials. However, when I navigated to Training-Link I found that spark tutorials are yet to be launched by Hortonworks "**Coming Soon".

Can you please help for any other reference link from where I can get an idea about the level and type of questions for the exam ?

Contributor

So quick question about the HDPCD:Spark exam, out of 7 tasks we need to get 4 right instead of 5 as opposed to the HDPCD exam?

Guru

Well anything can change at any time, but yes - you currently need to get 4 correct out of 7 to pass the Spark exam.

New Contributor

Hi,

could you describe the environment for the test? Do we have to make scala programs to be submitted or do we have to work on the spark-shell itself? If so, how would we submit the code from spark-shell?

Guru

That is not the link to the Sandbox tutorials. Try this one:

http://hortonworks.com/tutorials/

Hello Abhishek, To answer your question regarding the environment of the test, here are the versions:

• HDP 2.4.0
  • Spark 1.6
  • Scala 2.10.5
  • Python 2.7.6 (pyspark)

You will submit the code in the spark (or python) shell. You can either write a script to a file and then execute the file or type directly on the shell. I hope that this helps.

New Contributor

@wgonzalez, Since Spark 2.0 version is released, is it possible to take the exam in this version. If not, any idea when would the exam support Spark 2.0 version

Champion

I understand that we can use python/spark shell to write spark code. But one of the topic in syllabus says "Run a Spark job on YARN". How does it possible with shell? I know how to run a jar in local/yarn mode but this is confusing... any clarification will be appreciated