Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Question about managing multiple versions of Java alternatives

Question about managing multiple versions of Java alternatives

Explorer

Hello. I'm installing CFM 1.0.1 on a cluster that is running CDH on OpenJDK 11. As the installations requests, I have installed OpenJDK-1.8.0 on the machines that will be using NiFi and NiFi Registry.

However, upon installing Java-1.8.0, the alternative paths have all switched to Java-1.8.0, which I suspect causing some issues with CM and CDH.

# alternatives --config java

I have used this to set the defaults back to Java 11, however I now see that there are many more alternative paths that are pointing to the Java 8 directory (javac, javah, java_sdk, jre, etc).

Do I need to change all of these to point back to Java 11? I saw nothing about this in the documentation, and it seems that having the whole cluster on Java 8 would be more simple, but I'm a bit far into the installation process to switch now. Cloudera Express works better on Java 8? I see that as of CDH 6.30 Java 11 is supported, so I've been using that.

I would love to be provided with some information on the most pain-free way for me to get NiFi (CFM 1.0.1) to work on my cluster. It's a little confusing to me how things are supposed to be configured.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here