Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Question related to proxy user functionality in Oozie

Super Guru

I have enabled proxy user functionality for user 'kuldeepk' by adding below properties to oozie-site.xml

<property>
      <name>oozie.service.ProxyUserService.proxyuser.kuldeepk.groups</name>
      <value>*</value>
    </property>

<property>
      <name>oozie.service.ProxyUserService.proxyuser.kuldeepk.hosts</name>
      <value>*</value>
    </property> 

Ideally, I should be able to run below command by user 'kuldeepk' to run job as 'oozie' user.

oozie job -oozie http://localhost:11000/oozie -config job.properties -doas oozie -run

This is not working as expected! I get below error:

Error: E1603 : proxyUser cannot be null, If you're attempting to use user-impersonation via a proxy user, please make sure that oozie.service.ProxyUserService.proxyuser.#USER#.hosts and oozie.service.ProxyUserService.proxyuser.#USER#.groups are configured correctly 

Interestingly, I'm able to submit job as 'oozie' user by adding user.name parameter in my job.properties.

According to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-1166, we get this error only when proxyuserservice properties are not configured properly. Not sure what I am missing here.

Please help!

@Venkat Ranganathan

@Abhishek Bafna

@peeyush

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Question related to proxy user functionality in Oozie

Explorer
@Kuldeep Kulkarni

what's the value for the property oozie.service.AuthorizationService.security.enabled and oozie.authentication.simple.anonymous.allowed?

Super Guru
@zhixun he

Both are set to true.

Explorer

@Kuldeep Kulkarni from a bug that I am aware of, it looks like we need to disable anonymous access for Oozie if we are enabling Authentication. Can you try oozie.authentication.simple.anonymous.allowed=false and oozie.service.AuthorizationService.security.enabled=true to see if it works?

Super Guru

@zhixun he - Sure. I will try and let you know. Thanks :)

Super Guru