Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Quickstart 4.4.0-1 Hue sqoop new connection not working. The sqoop command line works fine

Quickstart 4.4.0-1 Hue sqoop new connection not working. The sqoop command line works fine

New Contributor

I copied ojdbc6.jar to /usr/lib/sqoop/lib and sqoop command line works fine.  I transfered 19 row table to hdfs.  When I try to configure a job in Hue sqoop and add a new connection the UI rejects the driver name oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver with "Can't Load specified driver".  I've tried any number of options for the driver name but have run out of ideas.

Thxs.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Quickstart 4.4.0-1 Hue sqoop new connection not working. The sqoop command line works fine

Master Guru
The Hue Sqoop interface uses the Sqoop2 backend. Please configure Sqoop2 backend before attempting to use it: http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/latest/CDH4-Installation-Guide/c...

Re: Quickstart 4.4.0-1 Hue sqoop new connection not working. The sqoop command line works fine

New Contributor

Hi Hrash,

I had similar problem, but is fixed by rebooting the Server completely. I have done many changes and not sure which folder the driver should reside.

After getting out of this hurdel, running a job won't load any data to the HDFS without showing any error. Then I have ran the following command and got the errors:

Additional info: I can access to the database from the host, Window 7, but the Sqoop cannot connect to it from guest VM.

[cloudera@localhost ~]$ sqoop import --connect 'jdbc:sqlserver://dssvmprod.cloudapp.net,1433;username=myaccount;;password=*****database=DSSPRODDB' --table DimAccount --target-dir /user/cloudera 14/05/16 08:47:44 INFO manager.SqlManager: Using default fetchSize of 1000 14/05/16 08:47:44 INFO tool.CodeGenTool: Beginning code generation 14/05/16 08:47:59 ERROR manager.SqlManager: Error executing statement: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host dssvmprod.cloudapp.net,1433, port 1433 has failed. Error: "null. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.". com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host dssvmprod.cloudapp.net,1433, port 1433 has failed. Error: "null. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".  at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:190)  at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.ConvertConnectExceptionToSQLServerException(SQLServerException.java:241)  at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.findSocket(IOBuffer.java:2243)  at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.open(IOBuffer.java:491)  at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1309)  at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:991)  at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:827)  at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1012)  at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)  at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:207)  at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.makeConnection(SqlManager.java:799)  at org.apache.sqoop.manager.GenericJdbcManager.getConnection(GenericJdbcManager.java:52)  at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.execute(SqlManager.java:660)  at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.execute(SqlManager.java:683)  at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.getColumnTypesForRawQuery(SqlManager.java:240)  at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.getColumnTypes(SqlManager.java:223)  at org.apache.sqoop.manager.ConnManager.getColumnTypes(ConnManager.java:347)  at org.apache.sqoop.orm.ClassWriter.getColumnTypes(ClassWriter.java:1277)  at org.apache.sqoop.orm.ClassWriter.generate(ClassWriter.java:1089)  at org.apache.sqoop.tool.CodeGenTool.generateORM(CodeGenTool.java:96)  at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:396)  at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:502)  at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:145)  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)  at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:181)  at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:220)  at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:229)  at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:238) 14/05/16 08:47:59 ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: No columns to generate for ClassWriter  at org.apache.sqoop.orm.ClassWriter.generate(ClassWriter.java:1095)  at org.apache.sqoop.tool.CodeGenTool.generateORM(CodeGenTool.java:96)  at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:396)  at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:502)  at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:145)  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)  at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:181)  at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:220)  at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:229)  at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:238)

Many thanks.

Contributor

I'm having a similar problem, except that I don't have a /usr/lib/sqoop/lib directory - therefore I don't know where to put the .jar file.  This is a fresh Cloudera parcels install - it appears to be installed in /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/.  Can anyone tell me where to put sqljdbc4.jar (in my case), in order to get the Hue/SQOOP2 UI to offer it up in addition to the Generic JDBC driver?  Thank you in advance!

Expert Contributor
Highlighted

Contributor

Thanks Abe, that seems to work!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here