I installed the Cloudera Quickstart VM for Linux (running in VirtualBox OS X) 5.7, and when I go to Cloudera Manager, I see all kinds of warnings and errors:
- Request to the Host Monitor Failed
- Request to the Service Monitor Failed
- Internal error while querying the host monitor
- Configuration issue for "Hosts": Memory Overcommit Validation Threshold. 13.6 GB is required, and 13.6 is allocated (2.7 is reserved for the system)
- HDFS: Warning about having only 1 node, and suggested minimum heap size.
I was also trying to use HUE, and I get errors about the current configuration.
Not able to upload and link images to the forum using Chrome. Here are a couple image links:
Are these fatal errors? I want to be able to run some small MapReduce jobs, but wasn't sure if I need to correct these issues above. This is the out of box configuration. The only thing I've changed is increasing the memory available to the guest OS in Virtual Box. IIRC, it was 8 GB and I've increased it in response to the memory error above to 13.6 GB.