Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

RM stops with FATAL event.AsyncDispatcher - Error in dispatcher thread

Highlighted

RM stops with FATAL event.AsyncDispatcher - Error in dispatcher thread

Expert Contributor

Hi all,

I have RM HA enabled. Everythign was working fine until 2 times my resource manager(one of the two) stops with the following exception. When i restart it, it starts back again. How to resolve this? (happened 2 times in the past 2 weeks)

2018-03-05 19:32:42,343 FATAL event.AsyncDispatcher (AsyncDispatcher.java:dispatch(190)) - Error in dispatcher thread java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.FutureTask@b8f06c5 rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@68b47cd2[Shutting down, pool size = 34, active threads = 12, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 73728] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:2047) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:823) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1369) at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:134) at org.apache.hadoop.registry.server.services.RegistryAdminService.submit(RegistryAdminService.java:176) at org.apache.hadoop.registry.server.integration.RMRegistryOperationsService.purgeRecordsAsync(RMRegistryOperationsService.java:200) at org.apache.hadoop.registry.server.integration.RMRegistryOperationsService.purgeRecordsAsync(RMRegistryOperationsService.java:170) at org.apache.hadoop.registry.server.integration.RMRegistryOperationsService.purgeAppAttemptRecords(RMRegistryOperationsService.java:95) at org.apache.hadoop.registry.server.integration.RMRegistryOperationsService.onApplicationAttemptUnregistered(RMRegistryOperationsService.java:109) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.registry.RMRegistryService.handleAppAttemptEvent(RMRegistryService.java:143) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.registry.RMRegistryService$AppEventHandler.handle(RMRegistryService.java:183) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.registry.RMRegistryService$AppEventHandler.handle(RMRegistryService.java:177) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.event.AsyncDispatcher$MultiListenerHandler.handle(AsyncDispatcher.java:279) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.event.AsyncDispatcher.dispatch(AsyncDispatcher.java:184) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.event.AsyncDispatcher$1.run(AsyncDispatcher.java:110) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) 2018-03-05 19:32:42,349 INFO event.AsyncDispatcher (AsyncDispatcher.java:run(293)) - Exiting, bbye..

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: RM stops with FATAL event.AsyncDispatcher - Error in dispatcher thread

New Contributor

In which version of hadoop you are getting this error.

Re: RM stops with FATAL event.AsyncDispatcher - Error in dispatcher thread

New Contributor

@Amithsha,I am also getting the same error. We are using HDP 2.6.3 and Ambari version 2.6.0.