Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Ranger Audit Admin Page Not Found(404) Error

Expert Contributor

Hi, in HDP 2.6.3, multinode, not kerberized env. I get following page not found error

79480-ranger-audit-admin-page-not-found.png

79479-ranger-audit-admin.png

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Erkan ŞİRİN

Are you using MySQL for the ranger DB backend? If so, there is a relevant jira describing this scenario and error, along with a potential solution; https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-1378

Expert Contributor

Hi @Jonathan Sneep Yes, I use mysql for ranger database. let me look at JIRA if i can understand the solution 🙂

Expert Contributor

Hi again @Jonathan Sneep unfortunately it didn't work. I changed the my.cnf, restarted mysql service furthermore i restarted all ranger services still can't display page.

mysql> show variables like 'SQL_MODE';
+---------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Variable_name | Value                                                                                                                  |
+---------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| sql_mode      | STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Hey @Erkan ŞİRİN
I was hoping that would've solved it for you! I noticed your mention of a permission denied error on the .rangeradmin.jceks.crc file ; does the ranger user have access to that file or is that file currently set to root/root permissions? If currently on root/root permissions, have you tried chowning it to the ranger user / hadoop group and checking if that improves things?

Expert Contributor

@Jonathan Sneep

ls -l /etc/ranger/admin/.rangeradmin.jceks.crc
-rw-r----- 1 root root 24 Jul 16 14:28 /etc/ranger/admin/.rangeradmin.jceks.crc

Many ranger user rangeradmin, ranger_solr, admin etc. which one should own it?

@Erkan ŞİRİN
You can try it with the ranger / hadoop permissions, though I'm thinking that this error is possibly not the cause for the 404 on the admin page.
Can we also verify the global mysql variables?

mysql> show global variables like 'sql_mode'

Expert Contributor

Hi @Jonathan Sneep I have changed the ownership to ranger:hadoop and restarted Ranger services bu it is no use. I have also checked sql modes. They are exactly same as above.

@Erkan ŞİRİN
Ok... to make sure we covered all items mentioned within the apache jira, is the vx_trx_log table now present in mysql? We would need to recreate that table if it's not there now.

Expert Contributor

@Jonathan Sneep There is

mysql> show tables;
+--------------------------------+
| Tables_in_ranger               |
+--------------------------------+
| vx_trx_log                     |
| x_access_type_def              |
| x_access_type_def_grants       |