Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ranger HA setup documentation

Highlighted

Ranger HA setup documentation

Explorer

Hi, I am trying to set up the Ranger HA ie. HA for Ranger Admin. I know that to set up it needs to have a loadbalancer configured and give that for the external URL.

However, could not find any instructions on how to set up the Load balancer for Ranger HA. Can some one provide load balancer configurations for Ranger HA.

I am trying with HAProxy as Load balancer. With my set up, when I try to log in to the Load balancer url that is provided, it just hangs at Loading.... does not bring up the repository page.

So are there any instructions or suggestions to how to setup the load balancer for Ranger HA?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Ranger HA setup documentation

Highlighted

Explorer

@Sridhar Bandaru,

I have already looked at that question. That question does not answer my question of what the load balancer configurations need to be, for Ranger HA to work.

Highlighted

Highlighted

Explorer

@Sridhar Bandaru,

I run to the same problem.

I cannot look your infomation;

https://hortonworks.secure.force.com/articles/en_US/How_To/How-to-enable-Ranger-Admin-High-Availabil...

because I do not have the account.

Could you give me the infomation of the load balancer without force's account?

Regards,

Could you provide relevant entries from Ranger Admin logs (/var/log/ranger/admin/*.log) and/or HAProxy logs? Verbose curl output or a screenshot of the browser console may also provide a clue. Your current HAProxy config would also be useful.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here