Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ranger HBase Audit Logging

Highlighted

Ranger HBase Audit Logging

Explorer

Hello. I have been facing an issue regarding the Hadoop disk usage because of ambari_infra_solr and made a policy in Ranger with the users used to insert into HBase and with audit logging off, but they keep appearing in Audit Access. How can I prevent that from happening?

I also followed the steps here, but it did not work

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=103091950

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Ranger HBase Audit Logging

Guru
@mirelagrio,

I don't think this feature will stop logging audit info in Solr. I believe that audit will still get logged and Ranger provides an ability to easily exclude them in the UI for users to see real user's entries. So changing this will not save you disk space.

Cheers
Eric
Highlighted

Explorer

@EricL I get that the feature in the link does not make Ranger log less, but why does not the Audit Loggin toggle on off stop it from logging the activity of the users in that policy? How can I achieve that?

Highlighted

Contributor

Hi,

You can set housekeeping for small period of time and turn on audit to hdfs (if its off). In this way you will have option to quick check recent logs from Ranger UI and store history in hdfs which you can check any time.

Guru
@mirelagrio ,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

So for the audit log entry that appear in the web UI, can you confirm that it was logged using the policy that you have audit log OFF? Could it be coming from other policies?

Cheers
Eric
Highlighted

Explorer

@EricL Yes, in the Audit entry it specifies the Policy ID of the policy with the Audit Logging off.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here