Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Ranger Installation Question

Rising Star

@Neeraj Sabharwal

I am trying to add the service Ranger to my existing cluser. Below is what I am getting

you must have an MySQL/Oracle/Postgres/MSSQL/SQL Anywhere Server database instance running to be used by Ranger. - HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHAT I AM RUNNING ? I believe it is PostGres

In Assign Masters step of this wizard, you will be prompted to specify which host for the Ranger Admin. On that host, you must have DB Client installed for Ranger to access to the database. (Note: This is applicable for only Ranger 0.4.0) - SO where to get the ranger client to install ?

Ensure that the access for the DB Admin user is enabled in DB server from any host. - HOW to CHECK ?

Execute the following command on the Ambari Server host. Replace database-type with mysql|oracle|postgres|mssql|sqlanywhere and /jdbc/driver/path based on the location of corresponding JDBC driver: HOW TO FIND OUT where is the driver ?

ambari-server setup --jdbc-db={database-type} --jdbc-driver={/jdbc/driver/path}
4 REPLIES 4

@Prakash Punj

You need to run this --- You will be using mysql for now

ambari-server setup --jdbc-db=mysql --jdbc-driver=/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar

[root@phdns01 ~]# ambari-server setup --jdbc-db=mysql --jdbc-driver=/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar

Using python /usr/bin/python2

Setup ambari-server

Copying /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar to /var/lib/ambari-server/resources

JDBC driver was successfully initialized.

Ambari Server 'setup' completed successfully.

[root@phdns01 ~]#

FYI: Please follow doc carefully otherwise you will end up with issues.

Also,

Make sure that you mysql env is all good to go

grant all privileges on *.* to 'root'@'mysqlhost' identified by 'password' with grant option;

@Prakash Punj

Help me to close the thread by accepting the best answer.

Explorer

RANGER ui FAILING WITH INVALID USERNAME/PWD WITH ADMIN/ADMIN

INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-6182"] Oct 04, 2016 3:20:28 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory getStore SEVERE: Failed to load keystore type JKS with path /etc/ranger/admin/keys/server.jks due to /etc/ranger/admin/keys/server.jks (No such file or directory) java.io.FileNotFoundException: /etc/ranger/admin/keys/server.jks (No such file or directory)

Any guess what causing this.