Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ranger-KMS cannot install successfully with Ambari, please help

Ranger-KMS cannot install successfully with Ambari, please help

New Contributor

I'm using hortonworks hdp 2.5. Now i tried to install ranger-kms with Ambari, but always failed with following message:

Caught an exception while executing custom service command: <class 'ambari_agent.AgentException.AgentException'>: 'Script /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/scripts/kms_server.py does not exist'; 'Script /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/scripts/kms_server.py does not exist'

I have checked /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/scripts/ here is empty. Please anyone who have met it before? or give me some suggestion for solving this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Ranger-KMS cannot install successfully with Ambari, please help

Guru

Hello @walle ellen,

Are you using HDP sandbox image? If yes, then there is a known issue with the sandbox image due to which it won't allow installing any new package/service, sighting the similar error message. Unfortunately there is no workaround at present.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Thanks very much

Highlighted

Explorer

@Vipin Rathor

Do we have workaround for above problem now?

I am still not able to install Ranger KMS on HDP 2.5

Thanks

Highlighted

Guru

Hello @walle ellen and @rahul gulati,

As a workaround to this problem, we can upgrade the Kernel of HDP 2.5 sandbox 'host' (not the VM, mind you!) and things will work as expected after that. We are composing the instructions to carry out those changes. Should be available here on Hortonworks Community in few days. Please standby till then.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Guru

Hi @walle ellen and @rahul gulati,

I have recently published an article which covers how to fix the HDP 2.5 Sandbox image from these kind of errors. Please check this out: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/92386/fix-problems-with-hdp-25-sandbox-image.html

Hope this helps !

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here