Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ranger Solr-plugin

Ranger Solr-plugin

New Contributor

@Jonas Straub

I have followed following your article

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/15159/securing-solr-collections-with-ranger-kerberos.html...

and just skip steps wherever kerberos required. But it is not working.

I just want ranger install solor-plugin can connect solr and manager it.

I install one solr server at port 8983 as server, one solr is ranger-solr as ranger-audit at port 6083.

because i can't use kerberos,so i Security.json as follows :

{"authorization":{"class":"org.apache.ranger.authorization.solr.authorizer.RangerSolrAuthorizer"}}

but it can't work , when i upload is to /solr/Security.json my solr server can't start-up normal.

log error is :

2016-10-21 13:17:50.048 ERROR (main) [ ] o.a.s.s.SolrDispatchFilter Could not start Solr. Check solr/home property and the logs
016-10-21 13:17:50.091 ERROR (main) [ ] o.a.s.c.SolrCore null:java.lang.ClassCastException: class org.apache.ranger.authorization.solr.authorizer.RangerSolrAuthorizer

So I hope get your help.@Jonas Straub can you give me your email. In order to show more details.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Ranger Solr-plugin

Sorry @Fang Heart I missed your message the other day. What version of Solr, HDP and Ranger is this?

How does your solr.in.sh configuration look like?

Contributor

This problem is very defficult.

@Xiong Duan are you facing a similar or identical issue? do you have more details?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here