Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ranger UI unable to search hive tables

Ranger UI unable to search hive tables

New Contributor

I have installed Ranger on a 6 Node cluster using Ambari. I have enable plugins for hdfs, Hive, yarn and knox.

It seems like my Hive plugin is not working while adding new policies. When i try to add new policy its is able to search hive database but it is not showing tables under that hive database in "table" field of Ranger UI. Any idea why?

Note: HDFS directories are being shown in Ranger UI.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ranger UI unable to search hive tables

New Contributor
Highlighted

@rahul gulati

Can you make sure your TEST connection works successfully for Ranger HIVE repository?

New Contributor

@Sagar Shimpi

Can you let me know the steps to do that?

What version of ranger are you using? If using 0.6 or above, and if using kerberized env, make sure rangerlookup user has permissions to browse hive tables.

Another question - did you type few characters in the database field and wait for some time?

New Contributor

@vperiasamy

Yes i typed few characters in database and it showed up. But for tables it is not showing up.

ok. see if you can provide answers to this question.

>>What version of ranger are you using? If using 0.6 or above, and if using kerberized env, make sure rangerlookup user has permissions to browse hive tables.

Also, do you see any errors in ranger admin log?