Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ranger USersync - Username Attribute - cn

Highlighted

Ranger USersync - Username Attribute - cn

Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to retrieve a specific field from my LDAP directory (cn), but it doesn't seem to be taken into account by the Ranger usersync process when I specify the following value "cn" to the variable "Username Attribute"

Though this value seems allowed (possible values : uid or cn) it doesn't work on my HDP 2.6.2.0; I still see the field "uid" feeding the Ranger database.

Is it a bug or did I miss something ?

83497-usernameattribute.jpg

Thanks in advance for your insights.

LC

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ranger USersync - Username Attribute - cn

Make sure your username attribute is actually "cn"... mine is sAMAccountName and my User Search Filter is:

CN=Matison\, Steven R

If your username attribute is correct, then in User Search Filter should be

cn={0}

If you are not already doing so, make sure you are tailing the usersync log while testing these settings.

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here