Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ranger update policy removes old permissions

Highlighted

Ranger update policy removes old permissions

In Ranger, while updating policy the old permissions are removed when we use REST API for update policy. Is it possible to keep the old permissions also?? Manually it is possible but I want to do it using some REST API.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Ranger update policy removes old permissions

Hi there @Pooja Kamle I think that's almost certainly a bug, or at least a feature of the way it's currently implemented. Currently the way that the update policy is supposed to be used is you use the Get Policy call first, then amend your additions to the policy information and submit it back using the Update Policy call.

IMHO It's a good idea that the Update Policy call should just apply deltas to an existing policy though.

Highlighted

Re: Ranger update policy removes old permissions

@drussell

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you. Even it is not possible to have more than one policy for same resource. Actually we are trying to automate things for Ranger using REST APIs. Is it possible to have 2 repositories for a multi-node cluster? If it is possible then can we have same policy in both the repositories for same resource but with different user permissions? Will both the policies be applied??

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here