Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Receiving Error "Incorrect string value: '\xC5\x9F\xC4\xB1k ...' for column 'query' at row1

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted

Receiving Error "Incorrect string value: '\xC5\x9F\xC4\xB1k ...' for column 'query' at row1

Hi All,

 

While running query in hive query editor from HUE I am getting the below error, tried changed the collation to UTF8 but still getting the same error.

 

"Incorrect string value: '\xC5\x9F\xC4\xB1k ...' for column 'query' at row 1"

 

Mysql version: 5.6

HUE version: 3.9

 

mysql> show table status like 'desktop_document2';

+-------------------+--------+---------+------------+------+----------------+-------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+----------------+---------------------+----                                                       ---------+------------+-----------------+----------+----------------+---------+

| Name              | Engine | Version | Row_format | Rows | Avg_row_length | Data_length | Max_data_length | Index_length | Data_free | Auto_increment | Create_time         | Upd                                                       ate_time | Check_time | Collation       | Checksum | Create_options | Comment |

+-------------------+--------+---------+------------+------+----------------+-------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+----------------+---------------------+----                                                       ---------+------------+-----------------+----------+----------------+---------+

| desktop_document2 | InnoDB |      10 | Compact    |   94 |          39217 |     3686400 |               0 |       114688 |   4194304 |          50193 | 2017-04-06 16:56:23 | NUL                                                       L        | NULL       | utf8_general_ci |     NULL |                |         |

+-------------------+--------+---------+------------+------+----------------+-------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+----------------+---------------------+----                                                       ---------+------------+-----------------+----------+----------------+---------+

1 row in set (0.00 sec)  

 

Thanks 

Chaitanya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Receiving Error "Incorrect string value: '\xC5\x9F\xC4\xB1k ...' for column 'query' at row1

Is the trace coming from Hue or when Hue access the DB?

It might also be fixed in a more recent Hue
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Receiving Error "Incorrect string value: '\xC5\x9F\xC4\xB1k ...' for column 'query' at row1

Is the trace coming from Hue or when Hue access the DB?

It might also be fixed in a more recent Hue

Re: Receiving Error "Incorrect string value: '\xC5\x9F\xC4\xB1k ...' for column 'query' at row1

Hi Romainr,

 

This is i got from hue when accessing data by hive query editor but, I am able to get the result from hive cli as expected. 

 

"It might also be fixed in a more recent Hue" -- As infomed that there is fix in newer versions could you pls help me, how can I upgrade. 

 

I am using Hue 3.9 tarbal, Please help me how can I upgrade to new version, In additon to that please help me how can i get import the workflows,coordinatos and bundles in to new version of hue [ as i see 84 tables in the hue database and it is 78 earlier].

 

Thanks in advance

 

Regards

Chaitanya

Re: Receiving Error "Incorrect string value: '\xC5\x9F\xC4\xB1k ...' for column 'query' at row1

Hi Romainr,

 

As suggested, I switch to new version of HUE 3.12. After changing the below character set, those are working as expected. Thanks for your suggestion.

 

mysql> ALTER TABLE desktop_document2 modify column name varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8;
Query OK, 4 rows affected (0.26 sec)
Records: 4 Duplicates: 0 Warnings: 0

mysql> ALTER TABLE desktop_document2 modify column description longtext CHARACTER SET utf8;
Query OK, 4 rows affected (0.16 sec)
Records: 4 Duplicates: 0 Warnings: 0

mysql> ALTER TABLE desktop_document2 modify column search longtext CHARACTER SET utf8;
Query OK, 4 rows affected (0.15 sec)
Records: 4 Duplicates: 0 Warnings: 0

 

Regards

Chaitanya