Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Records not inserted in Character datatype put database record

Contributor

I got an error invalid conversion requested in put database record processor while reading the data from file and loading into table. 

I observed one of the table field datatype created as char. When I modify it to varchar datatype I can able to load data using PutDatabaseRecord processor. 

Nifi version  I am using is 1.13.2 . Kindly advise me how to load char datatype values via nifi without altering table. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Chakkara The behavior you are seeing is looking similar to NIFI-8470 . A quick fix for the issue on NiFi-1.13 is to alter the table column to varchar. The behavior introduced by NIFI-8223 . This is fixed in NiFi 1.14 so an upgrade can be done if table schema alter is not an option.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

@Chakkara The behavior you are seeing is looking similar to NIFI-8470 . A quick fix for the issue on NiFi-1.13 is to alter the table column to varchar. The behavior introduced by NIFI-8223 . This is fixed in NiFi 1.14 so an upgrade can be done if table schema alter is not an option.

Contributor

Thanks for the response. Will try with upgraded version

Community Manager

@Chakkara, if the solution provided by @ashinde resolved your issue, can you please mark it as the solution?  It will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future.  

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: