Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Recurring ISSUE after enabling Kerberos, Kerberos service is missing from list of Ambari services in UI

Highlighted

Recurring ISSUE after enabling Kerberos, Kerberos service is missing from list of Ambari services in UI

Explorer

Hello All, I'm currently having this recurring issue, whenever I try to make changes in Ranger or Kerberos, the Kerberos service and clients goes missing from Ambari services in UI even when Kerberos is enabled.

I found earlier that my kerberos-env and krb5-conf files were missing in Ambari database, hence with the below command I was able to push my files to Ambari db. (The version_tag was version1000)

#curl -H "X-Requested-By:ambari" -u admin:admin -i -X PUT -d @./payload.json http://<Ambari-Server>:8080/api/vi/clusters/<Cluster-Name>;

But after 1 month, i'm having this same issues. So, when I try repeating the above step I get the below error stating that version1000 exists. Can I change the version_tag to version1001 or something. Will that be able to resolve the below error? Is there a permanent fix?

{

"status" : 500,

"message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: An internal system exception occurred: Configuration with tag 'version1000' exists for 'kerberos-env'"

}

Any help to fix this issue is greatly appreciated.

HDP -2.6.3 and Ambari - 2.5.2

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here