Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Reg: Cloudera Certifcation : Exam Code: CCD-410

Explorer

Dear Sir,

I am planning to take exam for Cloudera certfication Exam Code: CCD-410 in the Month of October .

Here are my concerns.

(1) Please let me know where I can schdule the exam. I am in California ,USA and could not find any exam centres as before.

(2)  Please let me know if there is any change in Course content . I have seen in cloudera website and it is showing as below details

http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/certification/ccdh/prep.html

(3) I am not able to find training tutorials as seen before in the website.

(4) Please let me know if Cloudera is planning to remove the CCD 410 in near future. If So what will the equivalent replacement exam for CCD 410 as a begginner to Big data stream.

Thanks

Dinesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

More information to understand the context

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rising Star

Hi Dinesh,

Cloudera no longer offers exams in test centers or approves of the use of our exams in test centers. You can take your exam from any computer, anywhere, at any time. You will find all our exams, including how to purchase and schedule your exam, and how to prepare for your exam on our website at http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/certification.html.

There has been no change in the content of the exam.

Cloudera no longer offers practice exams. You can use the study guide to help you study: http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/certification/ccdh/prep.html

It is more beneficial to you if you take the Data Engineer exam: http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/certification/ccp-data-engineer.html as this is the new Developer Certification. 

Thanks,

New Contributor

Hi,

Does this mean 410 is being replaced by Data engineer ? 

Thanks

Siva.

Explorer

Thank you dmicheals,

Just a quick query , As a begginner to Hadoop , I am foucsing on CCD 410. I assume CCP is not suugested for a begginer. Please suggest if CCD 410 is valid until when?

Master Collaborator
Currently, none of our exams are for beginners. Moreover, CCD-410 is aimed specifically at Java MapReduce which is no longer the direction of the company and community. So I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who is getting into big data.

We are beta-testing a beginner’s exam this month and, if all goes well, will launch it soon.

The beginner exam is part of a learning path that provides an integrated and comprehensive hands-on training and performance-based certification program to teach and validate the skills needed to develop reliable, scalable data pipelines that take raw data from ingest to insight.

Explorer

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it. Below is my concern.

As you stated " CCD-410 is aimed specifically at Java MapReduce which is no longer the direction of the company and community."

I am slighly confused, does it mean, we no longer using Map reducing concepts  using Java or we are focssin or  using any equivalent tool like HIVE to write

map reduce ?

Please suggest accordingly.

Also the new beta version of test for beginners , will it covers all topics like, HDFS,  MAP REDCUE ,HIVE.YARN,PIG, SQOOP etc

Master Collaborator
It means Spark replaces MapReduce, Spark replaces Pig, and tools and abstractions like Hive and Impala are more central. The exam has the same objectives as Data Engineer only much easier and the questions require less experience and less skill.

Master Collaborator

More information to understand the context

Explorer

Thank you Brad for detailed explanation. Appreciate it.

Explorer

Also one final query .

Are there any exit certifications for hadoop in India. I see lot of exit certifications here in USA locations.

Appreciate if you can let me know if there are any exit certified course for SPARK in India