Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Regarding CDH 5.5

Contributor

Hi,

I am preparinf for CCA 175 exam. currently I am using CDH 5.5 (cloudera Qickstart VM). Will in the exam I will get same enviornment?? Is it ok that I keep practicing on this enviornment. Currently I am not using the cloudera manager or express sevices etc..

2. in CDH 5.5, is there any IDE availabe for python or scala, or I have to use the normal linux edior for coding, like gedit etc.

3. Is there any way to update the versions e.g. on CDH 5.5, the python is 2.6 but I want to use the Python 2.7 or latest version.

Thanks

Shelly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

http://www.cloudera.com/content/www/en-us/training/certification/cca-spark.html

CCA175 is a hands-on, practical exam using Cloudera technologies. Each user is given their own CDH5 (currently 5.3.2) cluster pre-loaded with Spark, Impala, Crunch, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume, Kite, Hue, Oozie, DataFu, and many others (See a full list). In addition the cluster also comes with Python (2.6 and 3.4), Perl 5.10, Elephant Bird, Cascading 2.6, Brickhouse, Hive Swarm, Scala 2.11, Scalding, IDEA, Sublime, Eclipse, and NetBeans.

Since these are developer questions, the particular version of CDH should not matter much.  The Quickstart VM should be almost identical to the cluster environment.

The cluster supports Python 2.6, 2.7, and 3.4

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Collaborator

http://www.cloudera.com/content/www/en-us/training/certification/cca-spark.html

CCA175 is a hands-on, practical exam using Cloudera technologies. Each user is given their own CDH5 (currently 5.3.2) cluster pre-loaded with Spark, Impala, Crunch, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume, Kite, Hue, Oozie, DataFu, and many others (See a full list). In addition the cluster also comes with Python (2.6 and 3.4), Perl 5.10, Elephant Bird, Cascading 2.6, Brickhouse, Hive Swarm, Scala 2.11, Scalding, IDEA, Sublime, Eclipse, and NetBeans.

Since these are developer questions, the particular version of CDH should not matter much.  The Quickstart VM should be almost identical to the cluster environment.

The cluster supports Python 2.6, 2.7, and 3.4