Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Regarding Standalone ambari server Implementaion for views

Contributor

Hi

I am planning to implement views in ambari server. Going through some links I came to know about standalone ambari server. I have few questions regarding this

1. Why do we have to go with Standalone ambari server for views, Is it hortonworks recommendation or is there any other reason other than not allowing the users to have access to operational ambari'.

2. Can the operational ambari and and standalone ambari run on two different versions

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Naresh Jella

Standalone is useful when you do not want end users having access to the ambari service that is operating the cluster. this allow you to federate the activities by use case (querying data vs cluster administion)

Views can be deployed and managed in one or more separate “standalone” Ambari Servers. Running “standalone” Ambari Server instances is useful when users who will access views will not have (and should not) have access to that Ambari Server that is operating the cluster. As well, you can run one or more separate Ambari Server instances “standalone” for a scale-out approach to handling a large number of users.

I recommend both operational and standalone ambari be in same versions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Guru

@Naresh Jella

Standalone is useful when you do not want end users having access to the ambari service that is operating the cluster. this allow you to federate the activities by use case (querying data vs cluster administion)

Views can be deployed and managed in one or more separate “standalone” Ambari Servers. Running “standalone” Ambari Server instances is useful when users who will access views will not have (and should not) have access to that Ambari Server that is operating the cluster. As well, you can run one or more separate Ambari Server instances “standalone” for a scale-out approach to handling a large number of users.

I recommend both operational and standalone ambari be in same versions.