Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Please see the Cloudera blog for information on the Cloudera Response to CVE-2021-4428

Relocating zeppelin server with ambari

I need to move my zeppelin server but all that I can find in ambari is removing the service. That isn't a problem but it took a while to get zeppelin and livy interpreter set up and I don't wan't to lose my configuration. The interpreter settings seem to only be stored in a file but I presume that the zeppelin server settings are stored in ambari's database.

Has anyone moved zeppelin and if so how?

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@Michael Salmon

Unfortunately the "Move" host component option is not available for all the components via ambari. Even in latest ambari 2.4.2, this option is not available with Zeppelin.

By default zeppelin store all the file on following path /usr/hdp/current/zeppelin-server/lib/notebook/ in as note.json file (Or use "Export the Notebook" button in the UI). So you might want to take a manual backup and then delete the server and install it to a different host.

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

I noticed that there is a directory for every notebook with a note.json in it.

As I have changed the configuration of my livy interpreter I need to copy /usr/hdp/current/zeppelin-server/conf/interpreter.json as well.