Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Removing Kakfa broker through Ambari

Rising Star

Hi,

I have installed Kafka on my HDP cluster using Ambari. With the default configuration, Ambari installed only one Kafka broker. However, now had installed another two Kafla brokers in the clusters. My requirement is to remove the Kafka broker on the initial machine, on which it was installed.

When I checked Ambari, it doesn't seem to allow me to delete the Kafka broker on a machine, though it allows to install. May I know how to remove a Kafka broker from a node in the HDP cluster, preferably through Ambari?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Greenhorn Techie

Version2.2.0.0

I see in Ambari to delete after adding new broker.

1599-screen-shot-2016-01-27-at-73454-pm.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Mentor

@Greenhorn Techie

Version2.2.0.0

I see in Ambari to delete after adding new broker.

1599-screen-shot-2016-01-27-at-73454-pm.png

Master Mentor

1600-screen-shot-2016-01-27-at-73647-pm.png

I was able to delete it.

Master Mentor

@Neeraj Sabharwal not if you add additional brokers after running Kafka for some time. It is not that easy, Kafka assigns broker ids in sequential order and there's some magic needed to keep the order after adding new brokers.

Rising Star

@Neeraj Sabharwal The option I could see at the moment is Stop and the Delete is disabled. Should I first stop it and then delete it?

Master Mentor

@Greenhorn Techie Please try that..In my case , it was stopped but I could not delete it without adding new broker "I had only one broker in my cluster"

Would love to see the outcome after stopping it

Rising Star

@Neeraj Sabharwal I shall keep you posted tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Rising Star

Thanks @Neeraj Sabharwal Its working fine.