Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

ReplaceText and RouteOnAttribute: Getting Java Heap outofmemory error

ReplaceText and RouteOnAttribute: Getting Java Heap outofmemory error

New Contributor

When I configure Replacetext and RouteOnAttribute processors to execute concurrent tasks, I am getting Java heap outOfMemory issue. If I configure them to execute 1 task and no concurrent tasks, it goes fine but delaying my data flow with flow files being queued up. I would like to fine tune these processors such that I can manage to perform tasks concurrently and make my data flow perform faster.

Can I get help in understanding how to configure these processors with sample resouce configuration of 16GB RAM and unlimited ROM.

ReplaceText processor configuration:

15666-replacetext-processor-configuration.jpg

ReplaceText processor error:

15667-replacetext-processor-error.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Re: ReplaceText and RouteOnAttribute: Getting Java Heap outofmemory error

@Anil Reddy

How much memory have you allocated to your NiFi JVM? The default is 512MB, did you change it in the bootstrap.conf file?

For the RouteOnAttribute processor, one concurrent task, run schedule of zero seconds, should be able to keep up with the output from the ExtractText processor.

New Contributor
@Wynner

I configured JVM parameters to use 8GB as below

java.arg.2=-Xms8g

java.arg.3=-Xmx8g

@Anil Reddy

You are setting the Maximum Buffer Size to 1GB. If you need to do that, reduce the number of concurrent tasks on the ExtractText processor to a smaller number.