Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Reporting Toll in BigData

Highlighted

Reporting Toll in BigData

New Contributor

Hi All,

Right now I am working in a client project for a beverage company. We have some ready solution for server log file analysis and now we are reading those log file and storing extracted data in HIVE. From that HIVE data we are generating few reports also as on client requirement and store them as CSV file.

But client what some thing different , they want us to show report in graphical format ( few simple tabular report , pie chart and bar chart). They also want us to give them facility to change the report parameter and if required change the report query also.

We suggest them "Splunk" but they are not agreed on that as they want something open source.

Can any one suggest me any production level reporting tool for bigData?

Can ELK Stack(Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) will be helpful in that case. (though as per my initial study and understanding in that case we have to push data in elastic search separately , which will be an extra effort to move data from HIVE tables to elastic search and in our case it is not also a streaming data its just a batch job run on every day ).

Can any one suggest me any other reporting tool (like jaspersoft) which I can use to generate graphical report from HIVE tables?

Any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks a lot....

1 REPLY 1

Re: Reporting Toll in BigData

Expert Contributor

@Biswajit Chakraborty Have you tried zeppelin (https://zeppelin.apache.org/)

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here