Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Reports Manager Working Directory change

Contributor

Hi,

We are getting frequent File System Utilisation alert for a directory. Got to know that it’s caused because of Reports Manager Working Directory. So, we are planning to change the same.

It contains two directories inside, i.e.fsimage and index.

Do we need to copy these directories to the new Reports Manager Working Directory?

Regards,

Banshi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@Banshidhar Sahoo For the Reports Manager you might find more people with knowledge on the Cloudera community. But anyway, why not just copying the subdirs and give it a try? You can also try to rename during the copy first, to see if the Reports Manager fails when the dirs are not present.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Collaborator

@Banshidhar Sahoo

I'm unclear on what you mean by Reports Manager Working Directory. Could you explain what that is?

FSImage is a file that HDFS uses to store metadata about the blocks on the cluster. In general you should not change or move this file as HDFS relies on it to perform its functions.

See the HDFS Architecture documentation: https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r3.1.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsDesign.html

Contributor

Hi,

This is related to Cloudera Management Service component , i.e. Cloudera Reports Manager.

Regards,

Banshi.

Super Collaborator

@Banshidhar Sahoo For the Reports Manager you might find more people with knowledge on the Cloudera community. But anyway, why not just copying the subdirs and give it a try? You can also try to rename during the copy first, to see if the Reports Manager fails when the dirs are not present.

Contributor

Hi Herald,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, we have posted the question in Cloudera Community as well.

Now we got the fix for same.

We copied the directories (fsimage and index) to the new path. Then, updated the path as Reports Manager Working Directory in Cloudera Manager.

Reports manager is running fine now.

Regards,

Banshi.