Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Reports Manager throws 'Unknown host ':7432'. Unable to find it from host'

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm installing Cloudera Enterprise 60 days Trial in only one host/cluster, following Cloudera Manager steps.

At "Cluster Configuration", in connection test of incorporated databases, "Reports Manager" trows a error:

Unknown host ':7432'. Unable to find it from host 'myhost'.

Can anyone help me?

I'm completely new in this Big Data thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

This usually happens when there's a problem with DNS while starting the cloudera manager database for the first time, often caused by a VPN.

To fix it, look at the files in /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.mgmt.properties and find all the places where you see :7432. You'll notice that there's no host name before the colon. Put the fully qualified domain name (NOT localhost) before the colon in each place where that occurs.

Then restart CM server:
service cloudera-scm-server restart

Thanks,
Darren

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

This usually happens when there's a problem with DNS while starting the cloudera manager database for the first time, often caused by a VPN.

To fix it, look at the files in /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.mgmt.properties and find all the places where you see :7432. You'll notice that there's no host name before the colon. Put the fully qualified domain name (NOT localhost) before the colon in each place where that occurs.

Then restart CM server:
service cloudera-scm-server restart

Thanks,
Darren

New Contributor

Doing this, I'll have to begin Cloudera Manager since the very begining?

New Contributor

It worked.

Thanks Darren!