Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Rerun only failed Oozie coordinator jobs in a time period

Highlighted

Rerun only failed Oozie coordinator jobs in a time period

Contributor

Hi all,

I'm looking into the rerun functionality within Oozie coordinators, as per the documentation snippet below I know you can rerun all jobs within an oozie coordinator between a certain time frame or for certain actions.

$oozie job -rerun <coord_Job_id> [-nocleanup] [-refresh]
[-action 1, 3-4, 7-40] (-action or -date is required to rerun.)
[-date 2009-01-01T01:00Z::2009-05-31T23:59Z, 2009-11-10T01:00Z, 2009-12-31T22:00Z]
(if neither -action nor -date is given, the exception will be thrown.)

Either -action or -date should be given.If -action and -date both are given, an error will be thrown.Multiple ranges can be used in -action or -date. See the above examples.If one of action in the given list of -action does not exist or not in terminal state, the rerun throws an error.The dates specified in -date must be UTC.Single date specified in -date must be able to find an action with matched nominal time to be effective.If -nocleanup is given, coordinator directories will not be removed; otherwise the 'output-event' will be deleted.If -refresh is set, new dataset is re-evaluated for latest() and future().If -refresh is set, all dependencies will be re-checked; otherwise only missed dependencies will be checked.

My question is can you specify that in that time frame you would only like to rerun jobs that have a status of KILLED or FAILED, otherwise it is ignored e.g. SUCCEEDED. Is this a functionality that exists or will I have to write something up in a shell script to retrieve these failed jobs ID's and then rerun them?

Any help provided is much appreciated,

Thanks,

Dan

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here