Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Resource manager doesn't start

Resource manager doesn't start

New Contributor

After finishing my installation, I can not bring up Yarn - Resource manager:

I don't see any relevant error message bellow. It seems to me that at the end of the script it's looking to see if the process is running and in fact this is not running.

2016-04-09 19:51:56,660 - Error while executing command 'start': Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 214, in execute method(env) File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/YARN/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/resourcemanager.py", line 60, in start action='start' File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/YARN/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/service.py", line 59, in service initial_wait=5 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 148, in __init__ self.env.run() File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 152, in run self.run_action(resource, action) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 118, in run_action provider_action() File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 274, in action_run raise ex Fail: Execution of 'ls /var/run/hadoop-yarn/yarn/yarn-yarn-resourcemanager.pid >/dev/null 2>&1 && ps -p `cat /var/run/hadoop-yarn/yarn/yarn-yarn-resourcemanager.pid` >/dev/null 2>&1' returned 1. 2016-04-09 19:51:56,707 - Command: /usr/bin/hdp-select status hadoop-yarn-resourcemanager > /tmp/tmp1ZHs5t Output: hadoop-yarn-resourcemanager - 2.2.9.0-3393

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Resource manager doesn't start

Rising Star

@Farhad Heybati check to make sure an RM process is not running still in background. Try this command on the node itself:

ls /var/run/hadoop-yarn/yarn/yarn-yarn-resourcemanager.pid >/dev/null 2>&1 && ps -p `cat /var/run/hadoop-yarn/yarn/yarn-yarn-resourcemanager.pid` >/dev/null 2>&1

it is checking if a PID is present

@Farhad Heybati

Can you try starting the service again and post the full logs so that we will be able to comment on this.

please check the process status before re-starting it -

$ps -aef |grep resourcemanager

@Farhad Heybati can you take a look at the RM logs too - sample path on a vagrant VM is - /var/log/hadoop-yarn/yarn/yarn-yarn-resourcemanager-c6401.ambari.apache.org.log

New Contributor

For sure the process is not already running. I alreday did a ps.

New Contributor

I'm wondering if there is any dependency between YARN and other modules. I'm runing hdfs, map reduce and zookepr but not other hadoop component.

New Contributor
Highlighted

New Contributor

in the yarn-yarn-resourcemanager-localhost.localdomain.log

i can see a java error:

2016-04-09 20:26:30,277 INFO resourcemanager.ResourceManager (ResourceManager.java:transitionToStandby(1088)) - Transitioning to standby state 2016-04-09 20:26:30,277 INFO resourcemanager.ResourceManager (ResourceManager.java:transitionToStandby(1095)) - Transitioned to standby state 2016-04-09 20:26:30,277 FATAL resourcemanager.ResourceManager (ResourceManager.java:main(1241)) - Error starting ResourceManager java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal capacity of -1.0 for node-label=default in queue=root, valid capacity should in range of [0, 100]. at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacitySchedulerConfiguration.internalGetLabeledQueueCapacity(CapacitySchedulerConfiguration.java:465) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacitySchedulerConfiguration.getLabeledQueueCapacity(CapacitySchedulerConfiguration.java:477) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CSQueueUtils.loadCapacitiesByLabelsFromConf(CSQueueUtils.java:143) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CSQueueUtils.loadUpdateAndCheckCapacities(CSQueueUtils.java:122) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.AbstractCSQueue.setupConfigurableCapacities(AbstractCSQueue.java:99) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.AbstractCSQueue.setupQueueConfigs(AbstractCSQueue.java:242) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.ParentQueue.setupQueueConfigs(ParentQueue.java:109) at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.ParentQueue.<init>(ParentQueue.java:100) 1095,2-9 98%

New Contributor

The problem was coming from the capacity-scheduler.xml, there are 2 properties with -1:

<property> <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.accessible-node-labels.default.capacity</name> <value>-1</value> </property> <property> <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.accessible-node-labels.default.maximum-capacity</name> <value>-1</value>

</property>

I changed -1 to 1 and could bring up Yarn.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Farhad

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here