Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

ResourceManager cannot start

Solved Go to solution

Re: ResourceManager cannot start

Contributor

New Contributor
@Jonas Straub

You implied that it might be an issue with Ambari so I looked at my version and it was 2.1.0. I changed my .repo file to use 2.1.2 instead and the problem went away! It also cured a problem I had with Kafka too. Thanks for the tip.

Is there any way in the ambari.repo file I'm using to always use the latest Ambari instead of it hard coded (like 2.1.2)?

Yes I have seen several Bug reports in our internal Jira.

Regarding the hard coded ambari version, I dont know of any setting that will always download the latest version

New Contributor

Hi, Can anyone told me how to set parameters through the config tab of Ambari? I wanna know why I cann’t change anything during the config tab of Ambari, seems like it’s readonly.. Thanks.

New Contributor

Problem resolved, I find out that it's possible to change paras in the service configs tab of Ambari, but not in the host configs tab.

Highlighted

Contributor

See my answer which shows the screen where I made this modification.

Contributor

FYI, the method I used to remove the 2 offending parameters was to do it through Ambari. If you navigate to the config tab of YARN you can go to the scheduler section and delete the 2 options in the Capacity Scheduler textbox. That textbox shows the 2 options like so:

1829-ambari-gsc01-ost.png