Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Role of hive.llap.execution.mode with LLAP

Role of hive.llap.execution.mode with LLAP

Explorer

Cheers,

I can not understand the role of this property with LLAP : hive.llap.execution.mode

I looked for the documentation but couldn't find something useful. Can someone shed some light on this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Role of hive.llap.execution.mode with LLAP

Hi @Adel Ouazani,

The setting tells the optimizer how aggressively it should execute a LLAP explain plan. The values are none, all, and only. Only provides the best performance because the optimizer won't need to spend cycles as to whether or not to use LLAP. The optimizer also does not always make the best decision and may use Tez in certain operations when it should have used LLAP. Hope this helps.

Highlighted

Please see, https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Configuration+Properties#ConfigurationProperties-hi...

This setting determines where query fragments will execute, in LLAP or in ordinary Tez containers. For example, 'all' indicates that all query fragments should execute within LLAP.

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

@slachterman I am trying to set the execution mode in Ambari but even with LLAP enabled and the daemons running, I am not able to set the engine to LLAP mode. Currently, would we have to set the execution engine on a beeline session level ? and not in Ambari. I am using 2.6.1.0

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here