Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

'Role type configuration is supported only up to API v2' in CM API V32

Hi All,

I've been using CM API V32 to update various service configuration and I noticed it works as long as we set service level attributes. However, while trying to update attributes at roleType level, the API responds with error code 400, stating "'Role type configuration is supported only up to API v2' in CM API V32.

Interestingly, the model schema provided by Cloudera recommends using the same attribute for the service config update.

I am using PUT `/clusters/{clusterName}/services/{serviceName}/config` API.

Anyone else facing a similar issue or knows how to deal with this issue?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Hi @SandeepSingh ,

Please use role config groups instead of role types. You can see relevant methods in ApiService to get and create groups. You may want to read this thread which people experienced the similar error message.

https://grokbase.com/t/cloudera/scm-users/1373r4h204/cm-api-create-cluster-error

Thanks and hope this helps,

Li

Li Wang, Technical Solution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guru

Hi @SandeepSingh ,

Please use role config groups instead of role types. You can see relevant methods in ApiService to get and create groups. You may want to read this thread which people experienced the similar error message.

https://grokbase.com/t/cloudera/scm-users/1373r4h204/cm-api-create-cluster-error

Thanks and hope this helps,

Li

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Hi @lwang,

Thanks for your answer.

Indeed I was able to do it using RoleConfigGroup API's. However, my concern is more with the fact that the recommended model schema provided by Cloudera lists the attribute that it doesn't support.

Regards

Sandeep

Guru

Hi @SandeepSingh ,

Glad to hear the issue got resolved. When you get a chance, could you please share more details on the "recommended model schema" so I can follow up internally to see what we can improve?

Thanks,

Li

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum