Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Runtime issue with HDP_2.6_1_docker_vmware_28_07_2017_15_04_27_hdp__ambari

Runtime issue with HDP_2.6_1_docker_vmware_28_07_2017_15_04_27_hdp__ambari

New Contributor

I followed the steps in

http://www.hadoopwizard.com/install-hadoop-on-windows-in-3-easy-steps-for-hortonworks-sandbox-tutori...

to install the VMWare Player and open the VM HDP_2.6_1_docker_vmware_28_07_2017_15_04_27_hdp__ambari.

When I try to play the VM it seems to hang and never gets everything started up. The error message I get is "Failed to initialize policy for CPU", which is presented before the screen image below, where everything hangs. Is there a simple explanation/fix or is more information needed? I am running Win10 on an HP Spectre 360, Intel I7, 6500U CPU @2.50 GHz, 2 Cores and 4 Logical Processors with 16GB of Ram, 8GB dedicated to the VM

vmimage.png

1 REPLY 1

Re: Runtime issue with HDP_2.6_1_docker_vmware_28_07_2017_15_04_27_hdp__ambari

Guru

@Kenneth Molenda

You might want to try the virtual box version instead, I see a lot more issues with the vmware side. The error message you are getting is related to vmware, and not to the hortonworks sandbox. You can try checking to make sure that CPU virtualization is enabled in your BIOS settings, and if not, try again.