Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

SAM cannot run properly. Running Any test case gives NoSuchMethodException and StorageException !!

Contributor

@Sriharsha Chintalapani @Arun Mahadevan @Timothy Spann @pshah@Shu@George Vetticaden @mqureshi @amarnath reddy pappu@sree charan @Suresh Bonam @Sagar Shimpi @Satish Duggana @Sandeep Nemuri @Satish Anjaneyappa
@Rishit shah @Balakrishnan Ramasamy

I am running a basic Kafka source and sink with one rule in between

96775-screenshot-from-2019-01-22-14-16-11.png

both have different schemas and i am using a console consumer to read out the sink .
While I am adding the test data in the test case it throws the following exception :-

Caused by: com.hortonworks.registries.storage.exception.StorageException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.hortonworks.streamline.streams.catalog.TopologyTestRunCaseSource.setOccurrence(javalang.Long) at com.hortonworks.registries.storage.catalog.AbstractStorable.fromMap(AbstractStorable.java:93) atcom.hortonworks.registries.storage.impl.jdbc.provider.sql.factory.AbstractQueryExecutor$QueryExecution.getStorablesFromResultSet(AbstractQueryExecutor.java:480) at com.hortonworks.registries.storage.impl.jdbc.provider.sql.factory.AbstractQueryExecutor$QueryExecution.executeQuery(AbstractQueryExecutor.java:363) at com.hortonworks.registries.storage.impl.jdbc.provider.sql.factory.AbstractQueryExecutor.executeQuery(AbstractQueryExecutor.java:344) at com.hortonworks.registries.storage.impl.jdbc.provider.postgresql.factory.PostgresqlExecutor.select(PostgresqlExecutor.java:121) at com.hortonworks.registries.storage.impl.jdbc.JdbcStorageManager.find(JdbcStorageManager.java:128) ... 61 common frames omittedCaused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.hortonworks.streamline.streams.catalog.TopologyTestRunCaseSource.setOccurrence(java.lang.Long)

Also why I am not being able to delete the test cases ???(it throws an exception in this case as well !!!!!)

ERROR  [2019-01-22 14:21:58.894] [dw-288 - DELETE /api/v1/catalog/topologies/2/testcases/7] c.h.s.s.s.TopologyTestRunResource -  Got exception: [StorageException] / message [com.hortonworks.registries.storage.exception.StorageException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.hortonworks.streamline.streams.catalog.TopologyTestRunCaseSource.setOccurrence(java.lang.Long)] / related resource location: [com.hortonworks.streamline.streams.service.TopologyTestRunResource.removeTestRunCase](TopologyTestRunResource.java:548) 
com.hortonworks.registries.storage.exception.StorageException: com.hortonworks.registries.storage.exception.StorageException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.hortonworks.streamline.streams.catalog.TopologyTestRunCaseSource.setOccurrence(java.lang.Long)

Is there something wrong with my database configuration ???
I am using postgresql 9.5 which came with Ambari (I used the embedded DB option and created the registry and streamline DBs in the same)
Any help is much appreciated !!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

I changed the column type from bigint to integer for the topology_test_run_case_source.occurence and it was resolved and the test cases also started to run !!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Contributor

I have installed HDF ambari and also made the database for SAM as streamline. i cross checked in the database streamline all the data of test application is being stored by SAM and it was !!!
I am able to see the schemas that I have written in schema registry inside SAM when I am configuring Kafka Source and Sink.

Oh SAM needs HDP !!!! Is it ???
I did not see in the HDF installation guide that it was necessary for SAM. I have not installed HDP or any of its components.

Thanks for the quick reply its extremely kind of you !!
I will start working for the same now !!
They should atleast give a message during the installation that HDP is required for SAM working !!

Contributor

Update !!
The problem still seems to persist as I have installed HDP now as well !

Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot have you been able to reproduce the issue ??

Contributor

I changed the column type from bigint to integer for the topology_test_run_case_source.occurence and it was resolved and the test cases also started to run !!!

Contributor

@Timothy Spann @Geoffrey Shelton Okot thanks for the help !!!