Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

SQOOP - MYSQL - Practice test instance

Rising Star

I am working on HDPCD practice test instance. Can anybody let me know -

a) Is there anything I should do before issue sqoop command on AWS practice instance.

b) what is the parameter I should use for --connect jdbc:?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Everything is configured perfectly fine on the real exam for Sqoop to work. It's also configured correctly on the practice exam. If you are having trouble getting the command to work, the solution is in the /home/horton/solutions folder on the Ubuntu instance. Try running the solution. If that fails, please share the error and I can help you from there.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Rising Star

@Artem Ervits

During the HDPCD exam, do we have to do this initial set up like - set up user, grant access etc. before we use sqoop commands? Or are these already taken care and we just run sqoop commands? If some access is not working can we ask the proctor to stop the clock and set up the required environment?

Master Mentor

@rich can help with HDPCD related questions

Rising Star

@rich

During the HDPCD exam, do we have to do this initial set up like - set up user, grant access etc. before we use sqoop commands? Or are these already taken care and we just run sqoop commands? If some access is not working can we ask the proctor to stop the clock and set up the required environment?

Guru

Everything is configured perfectly fine on the real exam for Sqoop to work. It's also configured correctly on the practice exam. If you are having trouble getting the command to work, the solution is in the /home/horton/solutions folder on the Ubuntu instance. Try running the solution. If that fails, please share the error and I can help you from there.

Master Mentor

@rich I have accepted this as best answer.

Rising Star

@rich

I ran the sqoop command. I get the following error msg. Please look at the screen shot. Thanks.

sqoop.png

Guru

You spelled "input-fields-terminated-by" incorrectly. I would bet that it will work once you fix that.

Rising Star

@rich

Thanks rich. your solution worked out. I accept this answer.