Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Sandbox 2.6 unable to start: Failed to start Crash Recovery Kernel Arming

New Contributor

Hey Guys,

I am not able to start sandbox 2.6 on the VM. It keeps hanging there, and when I press down arrow to see the log. I get the attached fail log. Could anyone figure out what is going on? Thanks!

40482-1.png

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Sandbox 2.6 unable to start: Failed to start Crash Recovery Kernel Arming

Mentor

@Jacob Shao

How much memory have you allocated to the VM?

New Contributor

Even I am facing the same issue can anyone help me how to resolve it

My 2.6.1 Sandbox for VirtualBox hangs on the second startup (tested it twice) usually as shown in the attached screenshot (twice I got something like yours, too). Each time ambari is started, so the last time it happened I logged onto the ambari UI and was able to start up the services individually and all came up. Can you check to see if you are have the same "false positive" (or "mostly done") errors I have been having and verify if the HDP cluster does come up? It all worked fine for me after that. Good luck and happy Hadooping!

40563-hungsandbox261.png

New Contributor

@Lester: I was able to resolve it. :)

Awesome! Was it what I suggested above, or something else?

New Contributor

Hello,

@Lester Martin, (or anyone) I did as you said, and it worked fine :), it seems that during startup it fails to start HDFS, and so all that comes next fails too. Also instead of starting each service individually, I think it's probably better to go to the service in the UI and restart all it's components maybe it would do the trick faster.

BR

Yes, that's my experience I described in my earlier "each time ambari is started, so the last time it happened I logged onto the ambari UI and was able to start up the services individually and all came up" comment. Meaning that only Ambari will be running and you can then via that UI start up the services. I'm a bit pessimistic, so I each time I do this I walk them down from the top (starting with HDFS) and start up each service (well... only the ones I'm about to use as this little VM is still very resource starved) individually instead of using the "start all" feature.

New Contributor

Hi Jacob, I am experiencing that same problem. How it was resolved ?

Thanks !