What URL or where are you looking?
Here is what I see:
We updating this offering awhile back and hence you should not be seeing HDP 2.3 Sandbox at all. On the Azure marketplace we don’t keep multiple version offerings, but rather just update to the latest. When you say you were only able to find HDP 2.2 and HDP 2.3 on Azure can you clarify what you were seeing? As shown in the offering here:
1. ssh into the VM and run the following command as the root user:ambari-admin-password-reset
2. You will be prompted to enter the password. Ambari server will restart.
3. Then run command
4. You can then go to the http://<hostname/ipaddress>:8888 which displays the splash page and click on the Ambari url. Enter the user "admin" and put the password you set previouly in step 2. You should now be able to log in as an Ambari admin.
am very new to Azure and it seems ssh into the vm is not the same as AWS. Can you provide brief steps on how I can achieve this in Azure.I tried the following:
1.set hostname to 12.145.566.345(Ip for sandbox provided in Azure) and set port to 22 using putty
2.Login prompt appears, I login with username: "Azure user name" and password " Azure password for account".I tried a couple of option such as username:root password:Hadoop and username:azure password:azure. All of the above did not work.
I setup my VM with HDP 2.4 on Azure. And successfully started it. But my browser is not responding to http://<ip>:8888, However,
1. I am able to ssh <user>@<ip> in my linux terminal ().
2. I could alos run sudo su and connect this to root.
But after that I am not able to do anything such as reset ambari-admin-password, start ambari-agent or anything.
Please suggest a solution. or step i m missing out.