Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Sandbox Hello UDP Lab test 2 Issue

Sandbox Hello UDP Lab test 2 Issue

New Contributor

Installed sandbox on Azure

Sandbox information:                                                                                                              
Created on: 29_02_2016_18_38_50 for vmware                                                                                        
Hadoop stack version:  Hadoop 2.7.1.2.4.0.0-169                                                                                   
Ambari Version: 2.2.1.0                                                                                                           
Ambari Hash: 6a8abfa65789b87da764549c27ca0f1440b91297                                                                             
Ambari build:  Release : 161                                                                                                      
Java version:  1.7.0_95                                                                                                           
OS Version:  CentOS release 6.7 (Final)  

In lab test 2, section 2.2.1:

Create and load Trucks table For Staging Initial Load

https://github.com/hortonworks/tutorials/blob/hdp-2.5/tutorials/hortonworks/hello-hdp-an-introductio...

don't bring up the mentioned screen in the tutorial, rather it shows "choose File" which opens OS file open window. Please see screen attachedambari-issue-1.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Sandbox Hello UDP Lab test 2 Issue

Guru

@Ranjan Mishra

Simple mistake you made on the UI

Notice the upper row has two radio buttons: Upload from Local and Upload from HDFS.

When you select Upload from HDFS you get this

7744-screen-shot-2016-09-16-at-42814-pm.png

You selected the Upload from Local and got the "Choose File" from OS as you mention.

7747-screen-shot-2016-09-16-at-45741-pm.png

(If this resolves your problem, let me know by accepting the answer. Else, let me know more about the issue).

screen-shot-2016-09-16-at-45626-pm.png

New Contributor

if you see my screenshot you can notice that I don't see those options. All I see is local file upload, it don't present upload from HDFS.

Guru

Hmm. Could you do the following as a start:

Make sure you have the most recent Azure sandbox and tutorial as per @Rafael Coss answer.

• If not, please install and retest
  • If you do have the most recent
    • do a hard refresh on your browser for the screen where you are getting the error
    • try the same screen from a different browser

New Contributor

Rafael says the new 2.5 was recently pushed to Azure but if you search for resources only 2.4 is coming up (check my screenshot attached to Rafael's response

This is the 2nd time I have installed and tried in azure sandbox. The tutorials looks out of sync with what gets installed in sandbox

Guru

@Rafael Coss As per previous comment, are you able to verify that the 2.5 Azure sandbox in first screen shot in thread is intended GA release, and that tutorials are in sync with release.

There is no HDP 2.5 Azure sandbox. There is on an HDP 2.4 Azure sandbox, therefore I am suggesting to use the 2.4 Hello HDP tutorial.

Guru

@Ranjan Mishra Could you identify the browser and version you are using

New Contributor

chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m

FYI ... we just released the latest HDP 2.5 Sandbox yesterday so the Hello HDP tutorial on the web has been updated to HDP 2.5. The Sandbox on Azure is at HDP 2.4 level. If you want to use the 2.4 version of the tutorials they are available on github:

https://github.com/hortonworks/tutorials/tree/hdp-2.4/tutorials/hortonworks

Here is the Hello HDP 2.4 tutorial:

https://github.com/hortonworks/tutorials/tree/hdp-2.4/tutorials/hortonworks/hello-hdp-an-introductio...

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here