Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Sandbox does not start in hyper v

Sandbox does not start in hyper v

New Contributor

when I start the sandbox it shows the command executed but Is one command that always fails with below error.

Call from sandbox.hortonworks.com/192.168.56.101 to sandbox. Hortonworks.com: 8020 failed: Java.connect exception

How can I rectify this issues

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Sandbox does not start in hyper v

Rising Star

Hi @Puneet Warikoo If on windows machine you can install virtual box or vmware to run the latest sandbox vm.

Regards,

Robert

New Contributor

I am having the same problem with Hyper-V. After converting from vmdk file to vhd format. I created Hyper-V VM and attached the virtual disk, but it gives me errors in starting the service. I can't do anything from the console and need to reboot the VM. I tried the same thing with Cloudera express and it works well, but Hortonworks VM doesn't work.

New Contributor

I tried that and experienced the same problem. Then I decided to try a different approach, creating a new Hyper-V machine using CentOS 7 and installing HDP 2.4 on it using the Ambari Server recipe. This got me a running VM where HDP 2.4 looks like it could work. My issue is now going through the configuration process using the web interface, more specifically configuring the hosts (where there really is just one, to match the Sandbox topology).

If anyone can help with the Sandbox style configuration process, this could prove to be a working alternative to converting a VMware image to Hyper-V.

Thanks, MT

New Contributor

if you nedd to change between VirtualBox and Hyper-V you need to run CMD in administrator mode and type:

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off (when you will to use virtualBox)

or

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto (when you will to use Hyper-V)

and then restart your machine

PS: you dont´t turn off/on the feature hyper-v in control panel==>programs

Luciano Bonfim

luciano@bonfimsistemas.com.br

New Contributor

it´s work, tanks!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here