Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Server error has occurred

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Server error has occurred

Expert Contributor

Hello ,

One of my datanode stopped working , By mistake /etc/init.d/network stop is been used . After then i resolved the issue and tried opening my CM . Then I am seeing this error

Please help . 

Thanks

Bala

Thanks
Bala
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Server error has occurred

Expert Contributor
Problem resolved . It was due to the datanode's network which was abruptly stopped . After revoking the network , the error was gone .
Thanks
Bala
3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor
Below details present in server.log files .

2014-08-01 03:58:29,707 WARN [com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#0:resourcepool.BasicResourcePool@1841] com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask@1cfc6e18 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (5). Last acquisition attempt exception:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: the database system is shutting down
at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.doAuthentication(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:291)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:108)
at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:66)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:125)
at org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:30)
at org.postgresql.jdbc3g.AbstractJdbc3gConnection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3gConnection.java:22)
at org.postgresql.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc4Connection.java:30)
at org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.<init>(Jdbc4Connection.java:24)
at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:393)
at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:267)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:135)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:182)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:171)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1PooledConnectionResourcePoolManager.acquireResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:137)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquire(BasicResourcePool.java:1014)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$800(BasicResourcePool.java:32)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1810)
at com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:547)
Thanks
Bala

Expert Contributor
After my datanode stopped abruptly this issue is been coming . Now when i try to add new hosts to cluster , Under Currently managed hosts I see "null" . I am unable to delete this . What should i do to resolve this error :(
Thanks
Bala

Expert Contributor
Problem resolved . It was due to the datanode's network which was abruptly stopped . After revoking the network , the error was gone .
Thanks
Bala
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here