Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Service has only 0 Kafka Broker roles running instead of minimum required 1.

Service has only 0 Kafka Broker roles running instead of minimum required 1.

Explorer

Hi, 

I have installed CDH 5.2.4 on CentOS 6.6. After I distributed Kafka parcel, and try to add Kafka Service, I am getting this error. 

Service did not start successfully; not all of the required roles started: Service has only 0 Kafka Broker roles running instead of minimum required 1.

Appreciate your help here. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Service has only 0 Kafka Broker roles running instead of minimum required 1.

Did you try clicking on the Kafka broker that failed to start and reading the logs for any relevant error messages? (role logs, stderr, and stdout)

Did you activate the Kafka parcel after distributing it?
Highlighted

Re: Service has only 0 Kafka Broker roles running instead of minimum required 1.

Explorer

I know this is a late reply - but may serve as a pointer for ppl searching for this issue.

I faced the same issue. Using CDH 5.8.0 (converted to parcels).

Searching the log - I found the below authorization error as the dir was owned by root.

Can't open /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/257-kafka-KAFKA_BROKER/supervisor.conf: Permission denied. 

I changed the authorization using sudo chmod for /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/ and retried adding the service and things went fine. May be cloudera should be given root access or something to avoid this.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here