Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Service 'hdfs' check failed:

New Contributor

Hi all, when i open my hive view i got this error: Failed to get cluster information associated with this view instance.

thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Service 'hdfs' check failed:

@Mohd Azhar

Usually this indicates that your "Proxyuser" setting for the cluster is not correctly set.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.4.1.0/bk_ambari-views/content/configuring_your_cl...

So please double check if "proxyuser" in the

• Services > HDFS > Configs.
  • Under the Advanced tab, navigate to the Custom core-site section. (Add property) is set correctly or not.
  • In the following example we are assuming that ambari is running with "root" user so the following setting is as following:
  • hadoop.proxyuser.root.groups=*
    hadoop.proxyuser.root.hosts=*

New Contributor

No it does not solve my problem. now i got this error:

Service 'hdfs' check failed: Failed to get cluster information associated with this view instance Service 'userhome' check failed: HdfsApi connection failed. Check "webhdfs.url" property

Super Collaborator

@Mohd Azhar hdfs check will try to verify the home directory on hdfs like if you logged into hive view with user admin then you should already have /user/admin created on hdfs.

Create the hdfs directory and try to use hive view again.

#hdfs dfs -mkdir /user/admin

#hdfs dfs -chown admin /user/admin

New Contributor

i already created the user but it doesn't solve the problem.

i got this error now:

Service 'hdfs' check failed: Failed to get cluster information associated with this view instance Service 'userhome' check failed: HdfsApi connection failed. Check "webhdfs.url" property

Highlighted

Good to know that previous error in not appearning now.

Your latest exception indicates that you have not created the user directory properly:

If you are accessing your hive view with user name "admin" then create the following dir in the HDFS.

#hdfs dfs -mkdir /user/admin
    #hdfs dfs -chown admin /user/admin

# If you are logging in to the Hive  View using "xyz" user then it need to be changed as following:

#hdfs dfs -mkdir /user/xyz
    #hdfs dfs -chown xyz /user/xyz

@Mohd Azhar Additionally let us know what is the value for the following setting:

"auth_to_local" entry from "core-site.xml"

Is it kerberized cluster?

New Contributor

is not kerberized cluster. auth_to_local is set to: DEFAULT

org.apache.ambari.server.view.IllegalClusterException: Failed to get cluster information associated with this view instance
    	at org.apache.ambari.server.view.ViewRegistry.getCluster(ViewRegistry.java:939)
    	at org.apache.ambari.server.view.ViewContextImpl.getCluster(ViewContextImpl.java:370)
    	at org.apache.ambari.server.view.ViewContextImpl.getPropertyValues(ViewContextImpl.java:437)
    	at org.apache.ambari.server.view.ViewContextImpl.getProperties(ViewContextImpl.java:171)
    	at org.apache.ambari.view.utils.hdfs.AuthConfigurationBuilder.parseProperties(AuthConfigurationBuilder.java:54)
    	at org.apache.ambari.view.utils.hdfs.AuthConfigurationBuilder.build(AuthConfigurationBuilder.java:101)
    	at org.apache.ambari.view.utils.hdfs.HdfsUtil.connectToHDFSApi(HdfsUtil.java:123)
    	at org.apache.ambari.view.commons.hdfs.HdfsService.hdfsSmokeTest(HdfsService.java:136)
    	at org.apache.ambari.view.filebrowser.HelpService.hdfsStatus(HelpService.java:86)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

Super Collaborator
    @Mohd Azhar

From the exception, it looks that hive view is not able to get the cluster info to identify the hdfs path. From Hive view config can you please confirm if you have selected Local Cluster or Custom config? Please provide the screenshot of the hive view config. And also more detailed exception can be found in ambari-server.log that would show us some more details about the problem which accessing hive view.