Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Service is running but ambari shows serice is stopped

Highlighted

Service is running but ambari shows serice is stopped

Contributor

I have ambari controlling 5 hosts. I can see that although service is running ambari is showing that service is down. How to resolve this. I have stopped and started agent, ambari-server and event restarted the whole server.

5144-untitled.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Service is running but ambari shows serice is stopped

Super Guru

@Eon kitex

Can you try use ambari api and check the status it returns. Then call ambari api to start the service.

New Contributor

Pl check the Database. I believe the Ambari queues are overloaded and stilling waiting for eariler actions response, which results the database is not getting updated.

@Eon kitex

I have experienced similar issues in the past and it was due to permissions on a PID file. Take a look at the service descriptor files to see what files it checks to see if it's running. Typically it reads a pid and checks if the process listed in the pid file is running. I would discover the location of the pid file it checks then stop the service, delete the pid files, then use ambari to restart the services. This should recreate the pid files with the correct user/group and permissions and ultimately fix the issue you are seeing.PID file location would be /var/run/.

And mostly I have seen this issue beaucse of ambari-agent PID.

New Contributor

you can get the PID of service with : 

netstat -nlp | grep portNumber

or

ps -edf | grep serviceName

and replace the contents of file /var/run/service/service.pid by the PID that who got you back

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here