Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Setting hostname:port for WEB UI address returns parsing error: "Enter a valid number"

Hi

I'm using CDM 5.3.2-1.cm532.p0.209

I need to bind WEB UI port to all interfaces or at least to other interface than nachine hostname

For example when I update JobHistory mapreduce.jobhistory.webapp.address  parameter with "0.0.0.0:19888" value from Manager UI, I get "Enter a valid number." error.

When I do it through API I get:

"Could not parse: MapReduce JobHistory Web Application HTTP Port : Could not parse parameter 'mapreduce_jobhistory_webapp_address'. Was expecting: a long numeric value. Input: 0.0.0.0:19888"

The same result when if I put valid DNS name corresponding another interface on node

Is there any way to do it ?

Thanks

Gregory

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor
mapreduce.jobhistory.webapp.address in CM needs to be set to the port the service should listen on. If you'd like the port to be open on multiple interfaces, you can use the 'Bind JobHistory Server to Wildcard Address' setting.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor
mapreduce.jobhistory.webapp.address in CM needs to be set to the port the service should listen on. If you'd like the port to be open on multiple interfaces, you can use the 'Bind JobHistory Server to Wildcard Address' setting.