Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Setup Edge node for CDH 6.x without using CM

Setup Edge node for CDH 6.x without using CM

Explorer

I have a CDH6.3 enterprise version setup with kerberos enabled. I want to setup edge node to this cluster but not using Cloudera Manager. Just want to configure gateway roles and kerberos setup manually (not by adding the node to CM and assigning gateway roles). Is it possible/recommended to setup an edge node in this approach in enterprise version?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Setup Edge node for CDH 6.x without using CM

Contributor

Hey @no1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Cloudera community.

The Edge nodes have all the necessary libraries, client components and current configuration of the cluster required to communicate with the CDH Cluster.

Setting Up Edge Node without using Cloudera Manager has various limitations and manual tasks. Also, it depends on the Service(Spark, Kafka, Hive) you are going to communicate from this Edge Node. 

As far I know Cloudera doesn't provide step-by-step documentation to perform this action. Configuring the Edge Node using CM helps you distribute all the required binaries, Cluster configurations and update any change/modification during upgrades/configurations change. 

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here