Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Sh and Pyspark interpreter not working.,Shell and Pyspark interpreter commands are not working in my Zeppelin.

New Contributor

None of the interpreters are working as given in tutorial.

I am following the commands as given in the tutorial but my shell and pyspark interpreter commands are not working and throwing the error that 'Interpreter not found' .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Devvrata Priyadarshi

Avoid copy and paste from an editor that is rich text format. Try typing manually and see if you still get the issue. You can also paste to something like vi, notepad or texwrangler and then copy and paste from that. This is a malformed string most likely.

Additionally, please see at the top of the tutorial. There it should be a snippet about interpreter binding, click the Save button and hopefully all start to work normally. If not please post the exception dump.

If this response helped, please vote and accept it as the best answer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru

@Devvrata Priyadarshi

Avoid copy and paste from an editor that is rich text format. Try typing manually and see if you still get the issue. You can also paste to something like vi, notepad or texwrangler and then copy and paste from that. This is a malformed string most likely.

Additionally, please see at the top of the tutorial. There it should be a snippet about interpreter binding, click the Save button and hopefully all start to work normally. If not please post the exception dump.

If this response helped, please vote and accept it as the best answer.

Explorer

Throughout the tutorial they instruct the user to copy paste the commands, but the pyspark commands work only when it is typed manually. I hope the admins fix this.